Your community needs you! Volunteer!
Opportunity abounds here at the Blackburn Community Centre. The quality and quantity of our programs offered in our neighborhood depends soley on our volunteers. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make a big difference. Make the best use of your time by helping others. Let’s make Blackburn the best community to live in!
The Blackburn Community Association has room for everyone to volunteer. We would love to hear your ideas of how you might like to lend a hand or we can help you find a opportunity. Here are a few areas you might be interested in:
Event Set Up/Take Down
Program Leaders New leaders are always encouraged and welcome! This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in leadership skills.
Board of Directors positions
* President: This director oversees the operations of the centre and preschool/OSC programs while assisting with the leadership and general promotion of the Blackburn Community Centre
* Concession Director: This director coordinates the operation of the concession during community events and includes scheduling volunteers, preparing menus, purchasing food and supplies. Food Safe Certificate is necessary.
Please contact 963-3292 for more information.
Membership in the Blackburn Community Association offers many benefits:
- Discounted rates on programs
- Access to tickets for some events one week earlier than the general public
- Many grants are based on membership numbers
- Neighbors meet to make friends and be active
- Ability to vote at Association AGM
- Builds connection between residents
- Makes a community a better place to live
- Provides volunteers new skills and a place to share their abilities and talents
- Offers opportunities to come together to celebrate events throughout the year.
Membership in the Blackburn Community Association is valid from September 1 to August 31.
Fees are:$10.00 for a family $5.00 for one person and $100.00 lifetime membership.
Please call 250-963-3292 for more information.